What's new

Walmart Offering iPhone 5 on Straight Talk this Week

All that unlimited is so affordable!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

indeed it is! prior to straight talk i had verizon w/ droid. was paying about 88 a month for the lowest talk plan but unlimited text and 2 gig data. switched to ATT for iphone 4, paid about 80/ month for the lowest talk plan and unlimited text and 2 gig data. switched to straight talk after. 15 dollar sim card. 45/ month, for unlimited everything. happy me :]

Do they have a data cap?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

they supposedly said 2 gig, but research shows some ppl has went over and as much as 5 gigs with no problems.

Do they have good support?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

There is no data cap. However, you must read the fine print in their User Agreement. There's many things that you cannot do w/ their data... streaming anything is one of them.

As far as customer service... I personally know several people that have switched to ST over the past year. Their troubleshooting experience w/ them had been very pleasant.

Do they have good support?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

cant comment on that, never had a problem with the service :) think im on my 5th or 6th month

How is reception/service? We have Verizon now.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

Thanks! We may switch when our contract is up!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

How is reception/service? We have Verizon now.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

Depends on the market you live in. Ask people in your area who have AT&T... and see how their coverage is. That'll give you a good idea of how ST will be.

yup...pretty much it. it uses the same towers as the phone ( so if you have an ATT iphone, u would get a straight talk sim for ATT phones ).

one thing i can report is that sometimes it will show you have data, but when you refresh lets say a webpage, it will say u are not connected. what i do is just turn off cellular data for like a second and turn it back on so it refreshes the ip. a little hassle, but payign 45 i would not mind at all.

Can I use my Verizon ip5?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

Can I use my Verizon ip5?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

thats what im currently using :)

just no MMS cause no jailbreak to access APN settings. i did the sim swap method, changed the APN settings, but it disappeared once i put the ST card back in. no big deal i guess since u can always tell them to email the pic or use imessage.

I'm happy with my AT&T. I had straight talk on my 4s and wasn't happy with the service. Was losing it all the time.