What's new

Store bought tones disappearing

Yeah thanks, been checking. Maybe it needs more time.
There was a website link in the update. You have to enter that link in Safari to restore your purchased ringtones: itunes.com/restore-tones

It worked for me. They're all back again.

Thanks, J.A. , don't know how I missed that. It's all good again.

You're welcome.

The only reason why I knew it, was because I took a screenshot before updating, and when I looked at the picture afterwards, I found the link.

Did you click the link 3 posts above? Or go into your settings and check for update.

Hmmm....I think my ringtones issues are back. Now my phone rings the default tone even tho I still have the store bought tone set in place. This is getting really annoying. As it is I'm a noob to iPhone and I'm not getting the best first impressions. Never had this type of problem on any OS or phone previously and Ive tried them all. Is anyone else having issues still? It worked flawlessly for a few days and I thought my problems were over. It wouldn't be so bad except all the apple tones stink especially the default being the worst one of all. Not to happy. Guess i'll complain to apple again. I've got better things to do. sheesh, here we go.

Hmmm....I think my ringtones issues are back. Now my phone rings the default tone even tho I still have the store bought tone set in place. This is getting really annoying. As it is I'm a noob to iPhone and I'm not getting the best first impressions. Never had this type of problem on any OS or phone previously and Ive tried them all. Is anyone else having issues still? It worked flawlessly for a few days and I thought my problems were over. It wouldn't be so bad except all the apple tones stink especially the default being the worst one of all. Not to happy. Guess i'll complain to apple again. I've got better things to do. sheesh, here we go.
All platforms have issues. Especially when there's a new OS update. Apple will get it straightened out. It's best to sync your ringtones to iTunes on your computer. Ringtones and Audio books don't go in a purchased list like apps and songs. And they can only be downloaded once. If you have lost them again, you might give iTunes a call or send an email. Once you get them back, sync them to iTunes.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Don't think syncings the issue. The tones are on the phone and I can manually listen to them. I have one set as ringtone but incoming calls still play the default tone no matter that the custom is in place.

Don't think syncings the issue. The tones are on the phone and I can manually listen to them. I have one set as ringtone but incoming calls still play the default tone no matter that the custom is in place.
Try the usual fixes:

Force close all apps - double tap the Home button to show the multitasking bar, slide the thumbnails above the app icons towards the top of the screen.

Restart your iPhone - turn it off, turn it on again.

Reset it - press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.

Thanks, been doing this a few times this morning with no change, then your post response gave me an idea. This time I installed the custom tone first before doing the rebooting and so far it has stuck. Previously I was rebooting and then installing the custom tone, so this is different. What a PITA tho. If it holds, great. If I end up having to do this all the time then it shall remain my one gripe with the phone. The rest is good so I'll live with it, but hopefully this wont happen a lot. I can always go back to the best of the worst, god how those supplied tones stink bad. Thanks for your post.:)