What's new

New iPhone has photos not mine

Elkahay

Reaction score
I purchased a new iPhone this week and had photos transferred from my Android. When I reviewed them, There were 6-8 images that were not mine. They were of young men and women of Asian descent and a couple of graphics. I tried deleting those photos today and my gallery first went lo res, then disappeared. Also, there were 600 photos to transfer, but I'm quite sure I did not have that many to be transferred.

The rest of the phone still funcations fine. I fear a virus or evil cookie action.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? What is my best action? The Sprint store wanted to hardset my phone, but I decided to wait a day and see what I could learn.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hey there, I have never heard that happening before. Kind of creepy actually. You might try just running a google search on that in case there is any posts out there on that.

I purchased a new iPhone this week and had photos transferred from my Android. When I reviewed them, There were 6-8 images that were not mine. They were of young men and women of Asian descent and a couple of graphics. I tried deleting those photos today and my gallery first went lo res, then disappeared. Also, there were 600 photos to transfer, but I'm quite sure I did not have that many to be transferred.

The rest of the phone still funcations fine. I fear a virus or evil cookie action.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? What is my best action? The Sprint store wanted to hardset my phone, but I decided to wait a day and see what I could learn.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

it sounds like some one previously had the device before you that took it back and they did not restore it... just do a restore and setup as a new phone