What's new

Transferring photos TO iPhone

xxauroraxx

Reaction score
Don't like using iTunes, so I tried adding a photo to the file directory. I tried the DCIM folder under the /private and the /tmp or /var or wherever the hell the other one is =p. I knew it was the right spot because it would make a copy of the file in the OTHER directory as well, and thats where my camera roll photos were appearing in full res. But I could not view the image on my phone. Is there a special format that your photos need to have? I was transferring a jpeg.

PhotoAid is a software which you can use to easily manage your photos and albums. A quick google should be able to tell you more about photoAid. It's very handy and with a friendly UI.

Thats the thing, I was just googling it ("photo aid", "photo aid" apple, "photo aid" app, "photo aid" iphone) and I didn't find anything relevant.

iTunes is easy once you get the hang of it. I will admit it can be a steep learning curve.

To add photos to your device simply plug it in and choose it from the menu on the left. Them choose the photo tab at the top. From there you can add any folders from your computer you like that contain photos. Once your happy simply press sync, then each folder will appear in you photos app on your phone as a separate album...

Well, PhotoAid is a software, which allow to manage your photos and albums.
A quick google should be able to tell you more about photoAid. It's friendly UI. It is easy to add photos to your device, just simply plug it in then select it from the menu on the left & then select the photo tab at the top. From there you can add any folders from your computer you like that contain photos & simply press sync, then each folder will appear in your photos app on iphone as a separate album.

Via SSH, navigate to : /Library/Wallpaper, and paste your images there. They should be .PNG format. I'd use iFunbox if I were you. After you copy the images, navigate to the directory via iFile, open the image and click on : Add to Camera Roll. Good luck.