What's new

Stock Twitter app broken

CylonSix

Reaction score
Hello again iPhone forums! I'm currently jailbroken 5.1.1 and I've been working hard trying to figure out an issue with the stock twitter app. There are random strings where there should be normal button text, see the screen shot below.

I've uninstalled my jailbreaks and slowly installed them all again because bringing it down to the basic jailbreak didn't work as far as I could see.

Does anyone have any ideas? If not, do you have any idea how I can backup just my jailbreaks, remove them all again and see what I can do, and then restore them all?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• $image-2344236991.jpg
    $image-2344236991.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 420
CylonSix said:
Hello again iPhone forums! I'm currently jailbroken 5.1.1 and I've been working hard trying to figure out an issue with the stock twitter app. There are random strings where there should be normal button text, see the screen shot below.

I've uninstalled my jailbreaks and slowly installed them all again because bringing it down to the basic jailbreak didn't work as far as I could see.

Does anyone have any ideas? If not, do you have any idea how I can backup just my jailbreaks, remove them all again and see what I can do, and then restore them all?

Thanks again!

You mean the twitter app from the AppStore? As there is no 'stock' twitter app.

Have you tried deleting and then reinstalling the Twitter app (from the App Store)? That fixes a lot of issues...

Marilyn

I do mean the app from the store, I've also tried installing it directly from the iOS settings menu. By stock I meant the standard app, I have tried reinstalling it to no avail unfortunately.

I can use an alternative like tweetbot or flip board but I'd rather fix this issue than just let it linger for fear it affects something else in the future :-(

Would providing a list of my current cydia apps/tweaks help?

Thanks again!

There are a few backup option for Cydia apps/tweaks...the best and most expensive is PKGbackup....it's well worth the $$

I suppose the "stock" twitter app your referring to is the option that is embedded in IOS 5.1.1 in settings....have you tried uninstalling twitter the reinstalling it again...?