What's new

Questions about jailbreaking

jeb

Reaction score
Can I switch keyboards, messaging app, browsers, etc and make them truly the system defaults? I can use different keyboards now on my stock 6S+, but they are not truly defaults as the stock keyboard still comes up at times, like swiping a text notification to go right to reply from the lock screen. I want to be able to make those kinds of changes become the system default for everything.

How can save my last pre-jailbreak backup from iTunes so I can restore it if needed? I'm assuming that a post-jailbreak backup/sync will overlay the pre-jailbreak one.

Is there a list of all the apps, tweaks, etc in Cydia that can be browsed without being jailbroken? Seems the only way to access it is through the Cydia app once jailbroken.

Is it a given 9.2 will be jailbroken? I see part of the 9.1 release was to patch the exploit that was used to break 9.0. Is it possible Apple could eventually patch all the exploits and jailbreaking would no longer be possible?

If it is a given, is there any kind of history to suggest how long it will be until 9.1/9.2 are broken?

Thanks

Did I ask this in the wrong forum?

That's the right forum.

This is a forum with members from around the globe, and not everyone logs in every day. It's possible that the jailbreaking experts, who can answer your questions, haven't seen them yet.
So I ask for your patience. Hopefully you'll receive a useful reply within the next few days.

Thanks for the reply. I apologize if I seem impatient, but I only have 3 days left to make the decision as to if I'll keep or return this phone, and some of those answers are key to that decision.

I will keep checking.

It is not guaranteed that a jailbreak will be found. And, even if one is found, it's not guaranteed that it will be released to the public. Once a jailbreak is found it has to be developed into a package that the general public can use. Some jailbreaks take months to be released and some are never released.