What's new

Help with twitter app

chadx9

Reaction score
Well it's been a week and I can't open my twitter app when I do it freezes my iPhone then I have to press the home button I went to settings-twitter and when I click it it doesn't do anything but high light it and freeze again? I did a uninstall and reinstall and my twitter works on the iPad not my iPhone 4s any help please? Posted pics what it looks like when freezes.

Attachments

• $image-4032908990.jpg
    $image-4032908990.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 368
  • $image-1780237021.jpg
    $image-1780237021.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 374
Did you add other apps to your phone? Have you tried a different Twitter app? Have you logged out of your Twitter account and logged back in?

That's very strange. Uninstall the app and use your computer iTunes to download twitter and sync it to your iPhone, that could make a difference.
Which iPhone and iOS do you have? Is it jailbreaked?

Well I did That still the same happened it just freezes if I do anything with the default twitter app or open it. I did a reset and still nothing idk ah);

And I have 5.0.1 jail break for the 4s green poison.

I just ask to know which iPhone, iOS, jailbreak or not but you didn't respond to that.
Try this one if you are not having a jailbreak iPhone and are on the most recent iOS:
1 use iTunes to backup your iPhone files.
2 factory reset your iPhone
3 do not restore your backup file yet
4 download and install twitter on your iPhone
5 run twitter see if it will operate normally or not, if it operate normally the restore your iPhone backup into the iPhone.
6 run twitter after finish restoring your backup see if it works or not, if it doesn't work then repeat steps 2 and set your iPhone as new.

And I have 5.0.1 jail break for the 4s green poison.

I just see your post. You can disregard my previous post then. I'm certain that there is a file corruption somewhere in your iPhone system files. Unfortunately you can afford to factory restore it.

Okay thanks, I was thinking about doing that like a restore but when I did it says update and store or something like that bc the new 5.1 is out. But yeah when I click on twitter in settings or the app it just freezes.

Gotta question if I factory restore will i lose my jailbreak?

Yeah, you will lose your jailbreak, and if you are on iPhone 4S you will be force to upgrade to ios 5.1 if you are on iPhone 4 it's said that you can use iFaith to restore back to ios 5.0.1, I have no experience with iFaith so I can't guide you on that and I can't assure you if you will successfully be able to restore back to ios 5.0.1 or not.
Either going to be on iOS 5.0.1 or iOS 5.1 or not, you will lose your jailbreak by factory restoring the iOS.

Okay thanks a lot I really appreciate it bro. I guess I'll just suck it up till the new 5.1 jailbreak comes out.