What's new

Still New and need advice!

JackB03

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Im getting an iPhone 3GS tomorrow. Im getting it because its Free and im waiting for the iPhone 5 come out next year.

What is your advice for the iPhone 3GS? Ive never had one. Should I update it to iOS 5? Should I jailbreak it? I have the phone on AT&T so I dont want to unlock it.

Let me know your tips, advice and opinions.

Thanks,
Jack

G'day and welcome to the forum!!!! :)

ios5 is good IMO so I'd recommend having it.

Never owned a 3GS so not sure....

Hi JackB03... welcome to iPF.net! The 3GS is a very nice phone! Seems it's getting mixed reviews now... seeing that it's more or less outdated w/ the outstanding performance of the 4 & 4S.

As far as Jailbreaking goes... that's a user to user choice. Jailbreaking more or less converts your phone from a "read-only" to a "writable" device. (stole that from someone here... can't remember who) It allows you to make changes to your phone & customize it to your liking. Check out our Jailbreaking section & look through threads... and decide if you like it.

iOS 5... lots of updates over iOS 4. Although, there's still not an "Untethered" Jailbreak available yet.

Last edited:
Monkey said:
I wouldnt update to ios 5 very few improvements and bad battery life.

Over 200 features and battery life for me and battery life is the same if not better! I LOVE the iOS 5 and would (and have) recommend it to EVERYONE! It's got so many new features it's like having a new phone!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net