What's new

Still haven't received ip4

bruson

Reaction score
I pre ordered my ip4 on Jun 15 about 6:15 am Pacific time (according to my order confirmation email from Apple. It said the phone would be delivered on Jun 24. No phone was delivered and no additional emails were received from Apple or AT&T. I am a new customer, first time smart phone. I called Apple on the 24th and was told that the order couldn't be processed until they got the OK from AT&T. So I called them and was told that they had no issues, something was wrong on Apples end. After 2 conference calls, listening to them finger pointing, I told them to call me when they figured it out. Next day I get an email saying issue resolved, ip4 would be shipped in 1-5 business days. The 5th day is tomorrow and my order status is "not shipped yet". Any thoughts on what to do next?

I would go visit my local store and see when they are expecting to get some in. Then just cancel the apple store order.. unless you want to bother with trying to figure out how/why its still not shipping.

Don't know about where you are, but there are plenty of stores (ATT and apple) with stock in Atlanta.

I actually know how you feel. The same thing happen to me here in the UK.
Well what happen was I ordered it from the online retailer (of course apple) and told them to send it to me on launch day. Well on launch day I was quite disapointing when I got a e-mail from apple saying that they were not able to process my order due to the fact that too many people have ordered the iphone 4 and that they run out of stock. bad enough for that I phoned apple (UK) and said that I would like to have the new iphone 4. Then the shock ^^
3 week shipping...too long for me...... So I went to my local orange retailer (one of the five supplier selling the iphone 4 on contract) and asked for the iphone on contract. However it was no suprise that they run out stock too and said that the iphone 4 will be in stock at 30/06/2010. Well when I went yesterday they said that still havent got any in stock......... So the retailer told me to come on friday yes guys 2/07/2010 to get a new iphone 4.
So yes hopefully I get mine in stock 2morrow so I can finally have this phone.
So yes thats my storry.....never thought that the iphone 4 would be sooo much trouble.........I already thought that the iphone 3g was a heck of trouble........
Sorry for the long storry. (I'm new so I have no idea how to do this) ^^

@Bruson - Definitely check an AT&T store. Many reports suggest they are the only ones with stock right now.

I would go visit my local store and see when they are expecting to get some in. Then just cancel the apple store order.. unless you want to bother with trying to figure out how/why its still not shipping.

One problem with this Danny boy, if he got his phone for 199 because he was eligable for an upgrade, he could have a problem. AT&T or even an apple retailer will not be able to undo the fact that there's been an order already and it will only show that he's NOT eligible for an upgrade. If he cancels his pre order, it could take a couple days or more for retainers systems to show his upgrade eligibility again.