What's new

Steve Jobs Takes Another medical Leave of Absence, Apple Stock Takes 5% Hit.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steve-Jobs.jpg

Tim Cook is now the primary for running things at Apple, as Steve Jobs takes another medical leave of absence for an undisclosed period of time and undisclosed reasons. This seems very pertinent to share considering that the visionary leader of Apple has a great influence on this market in general. After Steve Jobs' announcement Apple's stock prices took a 5% dive this morning. Here's an Apple media advisory with an email quote from Steve,
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today sent the following email to all Apple employees:

Team,

At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple’s day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.

Steve
Let's hope Mr. Jobs gets better because Apple needs him. From all of us here at iPhoneForums, Get well soon Mr. Jobs!

Source: SlashGear

By DGStorm