What's new

Starting up the "mail" app

SomeDude

Reaction score
Hey People,

I've been trying to configure my 5 so I can send outgoing mail, but it doesn't seem to be working. Now I'm trying to remove the account I use so I can start over again, but it won't seem to let me. I click on "edit" in settings, but to no avail, what gives?

SD

Since your starting to configure your iPhone 5, why not restore the device? I'm no expert, just if you haven't downloaded stuff on to the iPhone a fresh start wouldn't be much of a problem.
Still there might be other ways to fix it...

Sent from my iPhone 5

I had the same problem. I don't think I clicked edit. I think I just deleted the account and then added it again

I tried that too and that's part II of this problem, it doesn't seem to want to let me delete the one I have.

You need to be more specific mate, need more info...

Sent from my iPhone 5

Ok, when I look at the email account in the "inbox" section I get a message stating the the phone cannot get email and I have to go to either settings, or ok. I go to settings-inbox-email account- then the address comes up. I have an option to either add another address or edit. I hit edit and the little check mark next to the address goes away and is replaced by three lines, other than that, it won't let me do anything. I click on the email address, nothing, I tap on the three lines, nothing. Does this help?

Hi, i wasn't able to find out much stuff that could help, hopefully someone will be able to help you.
Sorry i did not help mate, good luck with finding answers to your problem.

Sent from my iPhone 5