What's new

How do i start a group message?

hlhks1

Reaction score
Tried to start a group message so everyone can see everyone's reply in the group but I cannot?
I've added several contacts to the same message but did not send as a group message.
I'm on ios 7 and cannot find anything in the message settings to turn group on etc.
Can any one help please?
Thanks

Tried to start a group message so everyone can see everyone's reply in the group but I cannot?
I've added several contacts to the same message but did not send as a group message.
I'm on ios 7 and cannot find anything in the message settings to turn group on etc.
Can any one help please?
Thanks

Settings>Messaging>Group Messaging

6ane5a5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Settings>Messaging>Group Messaging Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers for reply but I do not have the group messaging option in my message settings???? What can I do & where is it?

Last edited:
Cheers for reply but I do not have the group messaging option in my message settings???? What can I do & where is it?

And you have the 5? I have heard anything below a 4S no longer has the option is iOS 7... But if you're on iOS 7 with a 5-- I unfortunately don't have any other ideas... 😕 sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure? Did you scroll down far enough on the Message page? I have an iPhone 4 and I have it. As Untamed said... Settings>Messages>Group Messaging

Iphone 5 ios 7 but don't have the option to enable group message (see pic) Is there another way or an app?

Cheers 4 all replys 👍

Attachments

• $image-3352978392.jpg
    $image-3352978392.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 545
Iphone 5 ios 7 but don't have the option to enable group message (see pic) Is there another way or an app? Cheers 4 all replys ddc4d

I just add more names in the To box or the + symbol

Now that is strange. I have never heard of it not be an option. Sorry I didn't believe you! I wonder if it could be an issue with your carrier plan?

I spoke to my carrier and they said it was removed by apple due to picture message charges??
That can't be true, can it?

I would say your carrier took the option out. Why would apple care about the charges? I still have it on an iPhone 4 and ios7 and Verizon

Think it may be apple as my friend on another network with iphone 5/ios 7 doesn't have it either WTF?

I did some Googling and apparently it IS a glitch with iOS7. Some have the issue, most don't. The forum won't let me post a link to the site, but here is a copy of their remedy. Also, have you updated to 7.0.2?

"Another common complaint. There does not seem to be a fix available for this yet, however some users have reported that resetting their device to its factory settings seems to get it to work.

First back up your phone (this includes contacts, music, images etc).
Go to Settings > General > Tap “Erase All Content and Settings> and then restore your backup.
If that doesn’t work try this one: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings."