What's new

Can't find incoming mail settings on iPhone 4S

Nashvillian

Reaction score
I am set up with my AOL mail account on my iPhone 4S and I receive and send mail fine. But I noticed that, after I read an email on my phone, it doesn't show on my computer. So I figured the incoming mail was set for POP instead of IMAP. I went looking for a way to change the incoming mail server and the only thing I find is settings for outgoing mail (which is set for SMTP).

How can I change my incoming mail setting to imap.aol.com so it stays on the AOL server even after I read it on my iPhone?

Thanks.

Are you deleting on your iPhone after you have read it?

Check your email setting in AOL because it may have a feature turned on by accident that deletes your mail after you have read it.

That's not it. I haven't changed a thing there since it was working fine on my Android.

Is there no way to set incoming mail settings on iPhone 4S? The only settings that can be changed are outgoing mail settings? Why would that be?

Delete aol and try going back and adding it, but not in the aol add, scroll down to other. You can manually put in pop and smtp settings there. Had to do that to get yahoo to work

That seems to be the problem with most of the mail. Glad I could help. Drove me nuts with yahoo for a week.