What's new

Mail problems (deleting account)

Helentaylor5

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm Helen, I have an iPhone 4s and a problem with using mail that is driving me nuts - please can anyone help....?
I had two email accounts - one freeserve and one gmail. The freeserve one has expired and I've tried to delete it. I've deleted it from everywhere I can find it. However, everytime I send an email from the gmail account, the recipient receives it from the old freeserve account - hence if they reply, it bounces back because the account doesn't exist! I don't seem to be able to sever the connection. Please can someone help, it's a nightmare!!! Thanks so much Helen

Hi everyone,
I'm Helen, I have an iPhone 4s and a problem with using mail that is driving me nuts - please can anyone help....?
I had two email accounts - one freeserve and one gmail. The freeserve one has expired and I've tried to delete it. I've deleted it from everywhere I can find it. However, everytime I send an email from the gmail account, the recipient receives it from the old freeserve account - hence if they reply, it bounces back because the account doesn't exist! I don't seem to be able to sever the connection. Please can someone help, it's a nightmare!!! Thanks so much Helen

Open your settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars and check to see what the default email account is. I'm willing to bet that it is your old Freeserve account. If it is just change it to your GMail account.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I've already checked that and it's set to the gmail one. :-(

Open your settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars and check to see what the default email account is. I'm willing to bet that it is your old Freeserve account. If it is just change it to your GMail account.

y ch

Have you tried to straighten this out online rather than from your phone? Sometimes you will find it easier to do it there and to find more info on the issue.

Well, the question that should have been asked before is what email app are you using? Is it the default email app, or another one?

If you use you gmail account on your computer to send an email, does the recipient receive it with the freeserve account? If yes then the issue reside in your gmail account settings. Go through the gmail setting in your computer and see if there is a default outgoing email address set there or not.
If no, then on your iPhone, delete your gmail account and all it comes with, that is calendar notes etc... and add it back again. If it still doesn't solve the do settings> general> reset> reset all settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk