What's new

Setting iPhone 3G to not delete mail from BT-Yahoo mail account

Michael Graubart

Reaction score
I am new to iPhones, having just been given an old iPhone 3G by my daughter who has upgraded. I have an internet and mail acount with BT-Yahoo. I want to be able to read e-mails on and then delete them from my phone, but leave them on the BT-Yahoo server so that I can read them and reply to them at home on my computer (a Mac mini with OS 10.8.5, if that is relevant). I am not familiar with different types of account and with iPhones.

Please could someone explain in simple terms how to set the iPhone to do that? At the moment it removes mails from the server if I delete them from the phone.

Thank you in anticipation.

Check settings > mail, contacts, calendars > email account > advanced > delete from server

See if delete from server is " never"

Thank you very much.But under Advanced, there are only these options: under '<Mailbox Behaviours' there are Drafts Mailbox, Sent Mailbox and Deleted Mailbox; and under 'Deleted Messages' there is Remove, which is currently set to 'After one week'. I had assumed that this refers to removing messages on the phone from the Deleted mail box. Should I set this to 'Never'?