What's new

SSH Toggle

elektrobank

Reaction score
After previously having the tethered / Corona untethered JB I've just done a fresh restore and iPhone is so much quicker :)

With Springtomize 2 & a couple of other tweaks I haven't bothered to install SBSettings. I also have IntelliscreenX but I can't seem to find a SSH toggle for the ISX QuickSettings menu.. Can I only use the SBSettings one?

I'm using Toggle SSH as a stand alone app for the time being :/

You should not even need to use an SSH toggle......

I recommend you use a USB SSH client instead of an FTP client like WinSCP..............USB is much much more stable, faster, and leaves no room for corruption furing transfer....................... You just have to make sure you have "afc2ad" installed.(but if you jailbroke with redsn0w you won't need to install anything)

BTW....................I highly recommend you install SBSettings...........Even if you dont use it............that way if your phone goes into "Safe Mode" You can swipe the status bar and bring down the restart window........................

If you dont have SBSettings and go into safe mode.............You will have to reboot your phone.

BTW....................I highly recommend you install SBSettings...........Even if you dont use it............that way if your phone goes into "Safe Mode" You can swipe the status bar and bring down the restart window........................
If you dont have SBSettings and go into safe mode.............You will have to reboot your phone.

Actually, we have rather a good guide relating to Safe Mode here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...se-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak-25147/

Folks that don't want to use SBSetting have lots of good alternatives, the best of which is likely to be Activator ;)

As long as you have changed your SSH password, there's really no reason to ever disable SSH, it doesn't take up any resources or drain your battery or anything like that. Just leave it turned on.

f4780y said:
Actually, we have rather a good guide relating to Safe Mode here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/hacking-tutorials-guides-68/how-use-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak-25147/

Folks that don't want to use SBSetting have lots of good alternatives, the best of which is likely to be Activator ;)

Oh yeah.............:smack:

I forgot about Activator. I even have "icon spread" set to activate safe mode.

BUT THAT IS INLY GOOD FOR ENTERING SAFE MODE.

But before. I restored my phone one time on 5.0. It was my first restore to 5.0.

I installed something that induced my phone into safe mode. Unfortunately, I accidentally pressed "ok" in the safe mode dialog, instead of "restart" so the dialog went away.

BUT...........
Because I did not have SBSettings installed, tapping the status did not bring down the safe mode dialog. And because I was in safe mode, I could not use the Activator app to enable it that action.

So even tho I had Activator, I could not use it. I WAS IN SAFE MODE

The only way to get out of safe mode without SBSettings to to reboot.

I learned this the hard way. (I did read that whole article tho..very nice).

If you enter safe mode without SBSettings installed, and do not press "restart" rite away and instead press "ok" and the dialog goes away.

You will not be able to exit safe mode.

Not unless you remove the package that caused via Cydia, or reboot your phone.

Basically, I'm still right.

Go ahead, give it a shot. Remove SBSettings completely.

Assign any Activator action to enter safe mode, and the enter safe mode.

When your in safe mode, don't tap restart, tap okay.

Now try to get out of safe mode without rebooting, or installing SBS.

Obviously the natural reaction to safe mode is to tap "restart".........duh.lol

But I was just saying, in case you tapped "ok"instead by accident, and don't have SBS installed.

You will not be able to Respring out of safe mode.

Only way out if safe mode in that situation, is Cydia, or rebooting.

I have tried, and dismissing the dialogue then tapping the status bar works just fine. It brings up the dialogue box, which for the avoidance of doubt is built into mobile substrate and has nothing to do with sbsettings. The tap action has nothing to do with sbsettings either.

f4780y said:
I have tried, and dismissing the dialogue then tapping the status bar works just fine. It brings up the dialogue box, which for the avoidance of doubt is built into mobile substrate and has nothing to do with sbsettings. The tap action has nothing to do with sbsettings either.

Oh. Lol

Well it use to. I did address the issue to the dev of SBSettings, and Activator.

The issue must have been fixed then.

Ok thanks - have changed password so may just leave it on.

Reboot is not an issue now tho?

I'm trying to GET to SSH (still can't even find out what that means) so that I can delete the sent message sound file but I guess I know just enough to be dangerous with my new jb.

Is there an SSH tutorial somewhere? I already installed SBsettings and Activator. I just don't know why lol

FWIW, I'm pretty sure you can disable the sent message sound by going into settings>sounds>sent messages and set it to "none" for the ringtone.

enlightened said:
FWIW, I'm pretty sure you can disable the sent message sound by going into settings>sounds>sent messages and set it to "none" for the ringtone.

Thanks, but no. That's only for email and does not apply to SMS. It's definitely going to be a hack or tweak app to turn it off and I can't find a sound manager app that does it.

Rik756 said:
Thanks, but no. That's only for email and does not apply to SMS. It's definitely going to be a hack or tweak app to turn it off and I can't find a sound manager app that does it.

I found it and was able to delete it with ifile!!

Now... Does anyone know where to find Words With Friends sounds ? LoL

I'm trying to GET to SSH (still can't even find out what that means) so that I can delete the sent message sound file but I guess I know just enough to be dangerous with my new jb.

Is there an SSH tutorial somewhere? I already installed SBsettings and Activator. I just don't know why lol

From what I know, having sb setting or activator does not mean you'll get SSH. They are mutually exclusive, having one does not mean you'll have the other. Perhaps, I didn't read any previous posts you made in regard to this matter. None the less, go on to cydia and on the main page there is a SSH guide. Install Openssh. SB settings merely allows you to toggle it (on/off) but you must first have open ssh installed.

SSH is essentially a medium for you to use a 3rd party program like winscp to modify files within you iphone as you see fit. If I misunderstood anywhere please clarify and do ask as there is plenty help around here. Don't forget the search button is your best friend!

From what I know, having sb setting or activator does not mean you'll get SSH. They are mutually exclusive, having one does not mean you'll have the other. Perhaps, I didn't read any previous posts you made in regard to this matter. None the less, go on to cydia and on the main page there is a SSH guide. Install Openssh. SB settings merely allows you to toggle it (on/off) but you must first have open ssh installed.

SSH is essentially a medium for you to use a 3rd party program like winscp to modify files within you iphone as you see fit. If I misunderstood anywhere please clarify and do ask as there is plenty help around here. Don't forget the search button is your best friend!

After using iFile to delete offending sound file I've decided I probably don't need SSH after all. Thank you for the information though, I do appreciate it.

After using iFile to delete offending sound file I've decided I probably don't need SSH after all. Thank you for the information though, I do appreciate it.

Pleased to be of service.
iFile is awesome indeed. You should also try iFunbox. Its great for moving stuff between your PC and iDevice when connected via USB.