What's new

Spotlight app remove

Me1990223

Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to remove certain apps from the spotlight search. Like in iOS 7 where you could go to the spotlight settings and remove "apps" so no apps could be searched but i can't find this option in iOS 9.0.1. I've seen the "settings > general > search" on the internet but my iphone 6s doesn't show it, why not?

Since the other day I forgot my passcode. Had to remove and restore everything, Since then when I go to type a app in the spotlight search it doesn't come up with anything just Wikipedia and Bing searches. It's gone completely and I haven't changed a thing. I just want to deactivate certain apps or at least.all apps from being searched completely from the spotlight like in iOS 7 where you could go to settings > general > spotlight and untick music podcasts apps etc to be completely removed from spotlight. Is this a bug or not been implemented just yet?

Hello, I'm trying to remove certain apps from the spotlight search. Like in iOS 7 where you could go to the spotlight settings and remove "apps" so no apps could be searched but i can't find this option in iOS 9.0.1. I've seen the "settings > general > search" on the internet but my iphone 6s doesn't show it, why not?

Since the other day I forgot my passcode. Had to remove and restore everything, Since then when I go to type a app in the spotlight search it doesn't come up with anything just Wikipedia and Bing searches. It's gone completely and I haven't changed a thing. I just want to deactivate certain apps or at least.all apps from being searched completely from the spotlight like in iOS 7 where you could go to settings > general > spotlight and untick music podcasts apps etc to be completely removed from spotlight. Is this a bug or not been implemented just yet?
The option is still there, right under Siri in Settings>General.
image.png
image.png

Thank you the reset worked treat!

However, the stuff in spotlight search only removes the content from within the app. When I search for the app I unchecked it still shows up in 'top hits' on spotlight search