What's new

Spotlight Replacements: Phone

infidel13

Reaction score
So I've been googling a lot about spotlight replacement tweaks because frankly I find it useless in its current form. I've seen the web apps and all that but nothing suitable to my needs or wants.

I think it would be awesome to essentially have the phone app where spotlight is so you just swipe to the right from home screen and you can access contacts, dial pad, voicemail, etc easily and remove the phone app icon in the process. I mean it is an iPhone after all. Why isn't easier to access the phone? Or at least a bigger part of the overall device?

Changing it to your needs would require another level of modding your device, more specifically with a developer cracked iPhone. If you were to do it through Cydia, it would take a chunk of your device's storage. If you manually mod it, you would just have the screen loop back to the Phone.app

So what you're saying is it isn't possible with just a normal JB? That kinda sucks.

How about "Dial"? Has anyone tried out that new tweak. I read that it can be activated by swiping to the spotlight page.

You can try it out at your own risk, but it'll be buggy considering it's pulling up the phone app and not embedding it.