What's new

Split cable

brixtonboy

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Does anyone know if a joint cable is available for the iPhone 7 to charge and listen to listen headphones at the same time.
Thanks in Advance

Don't suppose you can remember where? Or maybe a link?

Just found a couple, the cheapo from Ebay doesn't fully support 10.3 whatever that means!!
The one on Amazon looks better but l must go through the buyers comments.
Thanks for putting the idea in my head.
IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

If the cable doesn’t fully support iOS 10.3 it means that that cable is not certified by Apple and may not work on your iPhone. The cable from Amazon may not work either unless it has been certified by Apple. If it has, it will have this logo on the packaging.
IMG_3810.PNG

Junior, Bluetooth is notoriously insecure. There are numerous Apple-certified headphones.
That said, check Drippler, iMore, Tips & Tricks, etc. for possible cables.

I have Bluetooth headphones but, this is going to sound strange. In bed l can't have the big headphones on both ears, they hurt after an hour or two normally.
I use the in ear ones, two for outside, one in bed. Simple really. And no, l do not wish to buy the silly looking, in my opinion airdrop things. I'm using my 5s at the moment for this task, it was just a thought.

I don't think it's that Bluetooth headphones are insecure in their link to your phone. Those bugs on most of the better headphones is non issue. The issue is with sound quality. I have noticed as well as many others I am sure, that with a set of headphones plugged into the phone you get better quality out of your music. That doesn't mean that Bluetooth headphones are bad. They just don't have quite the quality of a set of plugged into the phone headphones versus them being Bluetooth. The technology is improving day by day, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some headphones that are Bluetooth/wireless that perform just as well if not better than a plugged in set will. Maybe they already exist. IDK. Point being in the end, connectivity with most Bluetooth headsets or headphones aren't unstable and insecure, depending on which headphones you get obviously. You get what you pay more most of the time anyhow. Just my 2 pennies. I could be totally wrong. But if that is the case, why are we always being promoted to turn on our Bluetooth connection for better accuracy with many apps??? Or am I missing something here??? Have a good day and thx for any and all responses. I am curious as to how reliable Bluetooth is these days. I just know my headphones don't lose connection unless I get a bit away from them. Like over 30ft. Anyhow. Again, thx for any comments or responses, and good day to all!!

Nah bluetooth is secure. If you're within 30 ft of the device emitting the signal. Which is way better than a tethered set of headphones (unless you have a cable that's over 30 ft long - kinda silly)

Sound quality seems to be on par with any tethered system. Especially if you buy a quality set. The days of having headphones tethered is a thing of the past. The only downfall is cost. The technology isn't as cheap as traditional headphones, so that's a deterrent.

As far as cans, you don't need over ear wireless headphones or AirPods. You can get a quality set of in-ear headphones that are bluetooth that won't force you to break the bank. Sorry to derail so far off topic here.

I've often searched for an adapter to charge and listen at the same time with my iPhone 7 Plus. Since the earbuds that came with my iPhone have a lightning connector naturally I want an adapter to be able to use Lightning ear buds not the old 3.5mm type, which I don't have.
As yet I have not seen a Lightning adapter with 2 Lightning output ports.
Really, it is puzzling why a proper Lightning 2 port adapter hasn't come out yet.

I've often searched for an adapter to charge and listen at the same time with my iPhone 7 Plus. Since the earbuds that came with my iPhone have a lightning connector naturally I want an adapter to be able to use Lightning ear buds not the old 3.5mm type, which I don't have.
As yet I have not seen a Lightning adapter with 2 Lightning output ports.
Really, it is puzzling why a proper Lightning 2 port adapter hasn't come out yet.
Belkin sells such an adapter and it’s offered for sale in the Apple Online Store and elsewhere.
IMG_3898.jpg

Last edited:
Belkin sells such an adapter and it’s offered for sale in the Apple Online Store.
and elsewhere.
View attachment 33738

Finally, it has come out. I've been waiting. I presume it is the Belkin "Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar" in the Apple Store? It's a bit on the clunky side with an extra piece of cable.
I'm a little shocked at the price, though, $44.95. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

Finally, it has come out. I've been waiting. I presume it is the Belkin "Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar" in the Apple Store? It's a bit on the clunky side with an extra piece of cable.
I'm a little shocked at the price, though, $44.95. Thanks for pointing it out for me.
I’m not sure about the Rockstar name but it’s certainly expensive. If Apple themselves sold this it certainly wouldn’t be any cheaper.

I’m not sure about the Rockstar name but it’s certainly expensive. If Apple themselves sold this it certainly wouldn’t be any cheaper.

The Rockstar refers to Belkin's line of audio adapters. Maybe if Apple made it it would be smaller.