What's new

Will disconnecting front camera flex cable disable Home button+Touch ID?

rattice

Reaction score
Hi guys. Dropped iPhone 7 partially submerged in water, only the top part of phone was in water where speaker and front camera are. Turned off and took it home. Opened it up to investigate. As I was opening it up, I accidentally powered it on but it went to the homescreen/password (functioning normally). Powered off. Didn't see any signs of water. Closed it back up and tried to power on and went into Apple Logo boot loop. After hours of research and trying to update with iTunes and no luck, found a suggestion to disconnect flex cable for front camera. Phone booted right up but Home button doesn't work, and I get the "No Touch ID" warning/notif. Before I waste money on flex cable (and upgraded battery since I'm in there), with latest iOS, should the Home button actually be disabled with the camera/proximity cable disconnected?? I've seen conflicting posts, where older posts say disconnecting flex cable still allowed Home button functionality, but I saw a more recent post saying that Home button is disabled if camera flex cable is disconnected... It appears that later iOS doesn't allow Home Button with flex cable disconnected so I wanted to verify.

Thank in advance.