What's new

speed dial

TRJeff

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to the Apple/Iphone thing and am very pleased at how well I have been able to get contacts, email,wifi and web to work so easily. question is is there what I will refer to as speed dial? A contact in my phone book I give a single digit number and all I need do to call that contact is hold that number down to call that contact. This is on the Iphone 4.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to the Apple/Iphone thing and am very pleased at how well I have been able to get contacts, email,wifi and web to work so easily. question is is there what I will refer to as speed dial? A contact in my phone book I give a single digit number and all I need do to call that contact is hold that number down to call that contact. This is on the Iphone 4.

You can do a shortcut on your icon screen that will dial directly to a person.

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Under every contacts number is a box that says add to favorites just tap that and when you open the phone app favorites is right there on the bottom. Another way is getting a speed dial app that puts one number per app icon and when you tap it calls that person. I don't really care for the second option but some use it.

Last edited:

BluEyes

Reaction score
Works great for me.
Or
I hold the center button and ask
Y iPhone to call.
"call J????'s iPhone " and the call is done.

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Yes, if you can get it to dial the right person... I just am not impressed with the voice dial.... But it might be just my voice it doesn't like...lol

Most reactions

Latest posts