What's new

Source for "Whose Phone Is This?".

HowardBrazee

Reaction score
I use my wife's iCloud account, as she doesn't want to keep up contacts, and unlike the calendar account, we can't share our contact libraries any other way.

I just asked my phone "Whose phone is this.". It's already been reported that Siri misspells this question. But what is interesting is that she thinks the phone is Pat's. (My wife's first name). So apparently Siri isn't looking at my contacts to answer the question.

Find My Friends also thinks both of our phones are the same person (Pat).

I wish Contacts would work like Calendar - with shared contact sub-lists. It would be really nice for workplace lists.

I use my wife's iCloud account, as she doesn't want to keep up contacts, and unlike the calendar account, we can't share our contact libraries any other way.

I just asked my phone "Whose phone is this.". It's already been reported that Siri misspells this question. But what is interesting is that she thinks the phone is Pat's. (My wife's first name). So apparently Siri isn't looking at my contacts to answer the question.

Find My Friends also thinks both of our phones are the same person (Pat).

I wish Contacts would work like Calendar - with shared contact sub-lists. It would be really nice for workplace lists.
Both Siri and Find my iPhone look at the name of the phone in Settings>General>About>Name to get the name of the phone. If you want Siri or Find my iPhone to give a different answer you'll have to rename the phone.

Both Siri and Find my iPhone look at the name of the phone in Settings>General>About>Name to get the name of the phone. If you want Siri or Find my iPhone to give a different answer you'll have to rename the phone.
Hmmm, when I go there on my phone, I see that my name is "iPhone (Howard Brazee's), which is the name which I set on iTunes. But Siri thinks it's Pat.

What does Siri say of you're not logged into your wife's iCloud account but into your own?

I'm trying that now. I signed off, and then signed on with the account we use to buy our iTunes. For a long time that account name was just my name, but a few months ago, I had a hard time changing it to the new e-mail address standard which is needed for some functions. When I signed on, my Mac told me it was being changed, and my phone asked if I wanted to merge Safari data, contacts and calendars on this phone with iCloud. I said "merge". My Mac still is using my wife's iCloud account, so I left iCloud drive off - I don't use it for my phone anyway. I then asked my phone "Whose phone is this", and it told me "I believe this iPhone belongs to Pat.". Hmmm. That's weird. It's also confusing what happens with contacts. I will play with the and see how they merge. And I'm curious what would happen if I turned on mail from this setting.

Interesting. I couldn't create an iCloud e-mail, apparently my full name is already taken (probably by me somehow). If I keep this, I will need to find someone from Apple to check that. Now, Find Your Friends works, but I need to re-invite my friends. That is a pain, as apparently I need to open up my mail on my phone (I have a POP account which my brother pays for), and accept from there. And I tested updating my Contacts both on my computer (connected to Pat's iCloud account), and my phone (with the new account) - changes to one won't update the other. I wonder if there's a manual way to merge the contacts, so that I can continue to update them on my wife's account and manually merge them to my phone.

After a delay, Siri finally thinks the phone belongs to me. My problem is that I don't seem to be able to share contacts.

After a delay, Siri finally thinks the phone belongs to me. My problem is that I don't seem to be able to share contacts.
That may be because you're not sharing iCloud accounts after you finally got Siri to recognise the phone by your name.

I would have thought that Settings-General-Siri-My Info and then picking your contact card would have been the solution.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk