What's new

software update trouble

bsnabe

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a nubie and not very computer savvy. I'm trying to update my iphone4 with the 4.2 version. When I download the software, it loads it but I keep getting err. 3259, and it's saying that network timed out. How do I solve this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Another problem I'm having is when I try to connect to my home wifi, it keeps saying incorrect password. I can access wifis at restaurants and such but not my house. I know it the right password, but for whatever reason it's not letting me use it.

Hey guys, I'm a nubie and not very computer savvy. I'm trying to update my iphone4 with the 4.2 version. When I download the software, it loads it but I keep getting err. 3259, and it's saying that network timed out. How do I solve this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Another problem I'm having is when I try to connect to my home wifi, it keeps saying incorrect password. I can access wifis at restaurants and such but not my house. I know it the right password, but for whatever reason it's not letting me use it.

Here's my "personal" opinion, after reading many iPhone 4 postings: if you have version 4.1, I'd recommend staying with it!! If you read all the negatives about 4.2.1, you'd agree. The "problems" with 4.2.1 seem to be with the online "upgrade" process and not necessarily with the new phones with 4.2.1 from the stores.

Regarding the wi-fi password problem, I have no idea, sorry. Temporarily disable your router's security and see if you can connect on the open wi-fi. If so, secure the router again and try to connect again.

Thanks EWyatt for the input. I'm not having any troubles out of my phone. I was just wanting to keep everything up to date. I'm thinking that something on my phone or computer is either not turned on or turned off. Thus not allowing it to finish, but I'm just not computer smart enough to figure it out.

Try this.

I know your getting a different error code but it's worth a try.

If that still doesn't work download the 4.2.1 direct from apple here.

To use it hold the shift key down when pressing restore in iTunes then show it where you downloaded the file...

Yes, I'm curious too if it worked, gaz... Hope so. And if it did, I hope "bsnabe" writes back on the "differences" he sees in functionality.

Sorry about that y'all(yes I from the south). I tried to download it to the computer and it wouldn't finish that way either. I Goggled the error code and from what I can tell I have a firewall blocking it or my anti-virus protection is blocking it. I think it is a combination of both. I'm running the latest version of Kaspersky but I'm also running Mozilla Firefox witch I believe has a built in firewall. Like I said I'm not very good on a computer so I'm afraid to turn one or the other off.