What's new

Trouble getting online after software update

OrganisedChaos

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having problems with my iPhone. A week ago I updated my software and now my phone isn't working properly.

The day after the update it wouldn't load any website other than Amazon for 2 hours. A couple days after that it wouldn't send text messages all day. Yesterday it wouldn't go online at all for 7 hours - just saying "cannot connect to server". This morning the Internet was working, but then this evening it went down for 5 hours.

I have tried every reset there is: reset network settings, reset all settings and erase all content and install as new phone (hard reset). I've also tried things like switching 3G on and off, switching aeroplane mode on and off and generally fiddling with various things like that. Nothing has worked.

My questions are 1) what does it mean when it can't connect to server? Is this a network problem (doubtful as that usually comes up with "cannot activate mobile data network"), a software or hardware problem?
And 2) is there any hope for my phone? Do I just have to buy a new phone?

FYI I have called the Apple helpline and they just told me to hard reset and if that doesn't work then they'll charge me £326 to fix my phone, which is a joke!

Hope someone can help! Please reply if only to tell me there's no hope for my phone - i'd rather know!

Thanks