What's new

No WiFi...says I have incorrect password

barbiedoll

Reaction score
I have a new iphone 4s - just a week old. When I try to connect to my home WiFi, it says I have an incorrect password. I've checked and it is the right one. I can connect at my work though, and another unsecured one in my neighborhood so I don't understand what is wrong. I have a D Link router and my laptop, nook, and wireless printer have no problems connecting. I have upgraded to the IOS 6, but it didn't work before that either.

Any ideas? I'm "technically disadvantaged" so keep that in mind. LOL If you need more info, let me know and I'll do my best to provide it. Thank you.

do you get an option to "forget"

No, here's what happened:
I went to settings, wifi and chose my wifi from the list. Then I typed in my password and clicked "join." It gives me the incorrect password message and the choice to "dismiss." Then I cancel and it goes back to the list of available networks. I think you only get the "forget" option if you've successfully connected because I did that when I connected to my neighbor's.

ah right,have you tried a hard reset? hold the sleep/wake and home button down at the same time until the apple appears,let go and the phone will reboot,see if that does anything.