What's new

Soak in water

enriks

Reaction score
this is what happen.
we went on the beach last day and while we are swimming i put my iphone 4 in a plastic bag(airtight)
and then i used it to capture photos underwater and after i just realize that my iphone inside the plastic bag is getting wet and the temperature is heating up i thought it was because of the sun.
when we got home i blow dry my iphone to ensure that theres no water left inside.
my iphone didnt shut down but the battery starts to drain rapidly. i checked on google if my iphone was damaged by the water but it didnt because i look on water damaged sensor and its still color white.
and now i thought the only problem is the battery so i bought a battery without asking the technician about the issue of my iphone. i insert the new battery and the phone starts up i used my phone until the battery drains and then i tried to charge it but it doesnt turning on again.

so my question is, is my iphone4 got short circuit? or what? is there anything that i can do to fix my iphone? -.-
thanks in advance

Were you at the seaside with your iPhone when it got wet? Water inside the phone, especially salt water, can cause irreparable corrosion damage that doesn't become apparent until days or weeks later.
Right now it looks like the charging circuit may have failed, if it wasn't damaged during the battery replacement.
It's possible that more problems could emerge as corrosion, if any, gets worse over time.

my iphone is in the plastic bag so i dont think the salt water will go through it.
i tried to brush the charging pin with some cleaning liquid solution and it works. now im thinking if i can still use the old battery because im using the new one.

You could have the phone checked out to make sure there's no internal problems.