What's new

So SHould i Jailbreak, Whos done it

NYZ93

Reaction score
So yea i have the software downloaded and ready to go im seriously contemplating it but idk, has anyone done it does it erase anything? are you able to free wifi tether? any problems? is there a way to revert back to stock??

I did it on my iPhone 3G last year, and never had any issues. It will erase everything, you will need to sync all your music, apps, and data back. When I had my phone jailbroken there was no free wireless tethering, only paid versions. My favorite was MyWi, which is a $10 one time fee but works awesome! You can easily revert it back to stock by either restoring it via iTunes, or flashing the 4.2.6 update with iTunes.

I jailbroke mine a few hours ago without a problem so far but I have not really took to much time to mess with Cydia yet. I need to learn a bit more about it.

Glad to finally be able to re jail break untethered!!!!!!!! I had been JB for some time but accidentally upgraded and lost JB only to be able to JB tethered the past month. Great except for being tied to the MAC in the office while having a PC at home. Love being JB and was able to JB untethered on Friday!

Been enjoying the freedom through this JB there are too many advantages through cydia to not be JB. If you need suggestions on cydia apps or tweaks ask away.

Enjoy true freedom and using your phone the real way it should be used.

John T.

I am always looking for tips and suggestions. I have never really messed with a jailbroken iPhone before, I have messed with rooted droids but this seems quite a bit different.

I say jailbreak. It makes a world of difference. You can do so much more. And if for some crazy reason you don't want it JB anymore, just restore incraptunes back to fresh firmware.

Brandct Its really not that difficult. Its all in the tool you use. Just read up a bit. If you have rooted Droids and installed ROM's you shouldn't have a problem. The JB is kinda doing what ya did when you rooted on Droid. Gives you root access

ok so about 10 min after i made this thread i jailbroke it :D it did not erase anything and took about 3 min im familiar with cydia and all that so i got to messing around right away

Okay, newbie here. This is my first iphone and i am unsure of what tethered and untethered is. Is this jailbreak that greenpoison has out reversible? Just want to know for warranty purposes. Thanks guys

ok so about 10 min after i made this thread i jailbroke it :D it did not erase anything and took about 3 min im familiar with cydia and all that so i got to messing around right away

So it kept all of your apps, settings, contacts, etc? You didn't have to resync everything? If so, that's awesome, and could you point me to the guide/walkthrough you used? Hopefully it works on Windows 7 64-bit :D

I did the same so I am jailbroken, just dont know what to do next

And dustin it doesnt reset anything atleast it didn't for me

So it kept all of your apps, settings, contacts, etc? You didn't have to resync everything? If so, that's awesome, and could you point me to the guide/walkthrough you used? Hopefully it works on Windows 7 64-bit :D

i did it on mac so :/

and yes i kept EVERYTHING:)

i used greenpois0n

Since I'm new to jailbreaking the Iphone what's the difference to a TETHERED and UNTETHERED jailbreak?

Basically, a tethered jailbreak requires you to be connected to a computer at each boot for the jailbreak to apply.

An untethered only has to be jailbroken one time, then it will start every time automatically without being physically connected in the future.

Tethered Jailbreak vs Untethered Jailbreak