What's new

Fear of Jailbreaking!

Howard

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 and have never before jailbroken any device. Could someone please answer these questions?
  • What is the best & safest jailbreaking software to use? Is it EvasiOn?
  • Please direct me to the directions for preparing my device and for actually using the JB software.
  • Is there anything I can do in advance, so that I can get back to a non jailbroken phone in case of any problem?
  • What does it mean when I read "make sure to save 'Blobs'?"
  • What are the steps for reverting back to my original iOS if that becomes necessary or desirable?
Thanks a lot, as you can tell I am not very comfortable with all this.

Howard

Last edited:
1) Evasi0n is the only source for iOS 6 jailbreak.

2) There's no prep work needed. Plug it in, run Evasi0n, click Jailbreak, and wait for the prompt to tap on the Jailbreak button on your iPhone once.

3) A DFU mode restore can fix your problems.

4) A DFU mode restore can fix your problems.

From my experience in the Jailbreaking world... individuals w/ little to no experience and/or are "not very comfortable" should definitely seek physical assistance from a professional or someone they know who's performed a Jailbreak before. I'm not saying that our members and staff aren't fully capable of explaining in great detail... it's just some people learn much better by watching the process first hand. If you truly don't feel comfortable w/ the process... I'd leave it up to a professional or a good friend that truly knows what he/she is doing.