What's new

How to Restore Your iPhone from a Jailbreak

pandamimicom

Reaction score
268 Elizabeth Street New York City, NY 10257, Unit
Many people hold off from jailbreaking their iPhone because they worry about how much effort it may take to restore it to its original state. Unjailbreaking your iPhone isn't very hard - in fact, its easier than the original jailbreak process. With a few simple steps, you can return your jailbroken iPhone to it's out of the box state. You won't be able to tell the difference between your iPhone and one that was never jailbroken at all. Best of all, you won't even loose your data!

Things You'll Need: Jailbroken iPhone, iTunes

1.Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. Select the iPhone from the left hand side and click the "Restore" button.

2.iTunes will ask you if you want to back up your iPhone first. When iTunes backs up your iPhone, it only backs up non-jailbreak specific information like your contacts and photos. If you want to keep all your data, click "Back Up".

3.There will be a quick warning. Click Restore.

4.The firmware needed for restoring your iPhone will be downloaded and extracted. Once it's done, the restore process will begin. Once it's done, the iPhone will restart.

5.After your iPhone quickly activates, you'll be given the option to restore from a backup. Pick your backup and click the "Continue" button to restore your phone. Some will argue that after Jailbreaking, you should select "Set up a new iPhone" - however, doing this will lose all your saved data. Restoring from a backup will still unjailbreak your iPhone, but leave your data intact. You won't be able to tell it was ever jailbroken.

6.After all your data is restore, there is one more trace of Jailbreaking you may need to remove. Go into your photos and select "Camera Roll". If there are any photos of Jailbreak apps, you can delete them so there will be no evidence of jailbreaking!

bab2010 said:
Apple can't tell.

Just to let everyone know we are regular hackers they are computer scientists they CAN TELL if you still want your warranty don't jailbreak just get insurance and if you mess up your phone to a non-fixable state smash it on the ground and cut your losses. It's 160 for a brand new one

sspokerss said:
Just to let everyone know we are regular hackers they are computer scientists they CAN TELL if you still want your warranty don't jailbreak just get insurance and if you mess up your phone to a non-fixable state smash it on the ground and cut your losses. It's 160 for a brand new one

Do you really think they're going to go through all the trouble of finding out if someone jailbroke

sspokerss said:

I've returned my iPhone 4 to the apple store after I had jailbroken and restored my idevice (the battery wasn't holding a charge) they didn't ask any questions. They just gave me a new iPhone 4. I doubt they even check or care too much. They're all about customer service, and they do it well :D!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net