What's new

How to Recover Lost Contacts on an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandamimicom

Reaction score
268 Elizabeth Street New York City, NY 10257, Unit
Mistakes happen. Everyone has accidentally deleted the phone number of a friend or co-worker while trying to add an email address or new number. As phones become more advanced, it seems to become easier to make these potentially catastrophic deletions. Thankfully for users of the iPhone, however, deleting or losing a contact doesn't mean it is gone forever.

1.Open iTunes on your computer.

2.Plug in your iPhone to your computer just as you would to sync it normally.
3.Locate the iPhone in the "Devices" column at the left of the iTunes application window.

4.Right-click (Ctrl + click for Mac) on the iPhone icon in the "Devices" column and select "Restore From Backup." Select one of the backup versions from the drop-down menu and click the "Restore" button. This will restore any contacts that you have lost since your last sync in iTunes.

5.Eject your iPhone and go to your contact list on it. Any lost contact or contacts should be restored to your list.

Very good information. But as a side note this does not apply to people that use Google, Yahoo, Hotmail or Exchange to manage the contact lists.

Will try posting here before making a new thread.

I deleted a synched work email account from my iPhone because I left the job. I now realize I had very important email contacts with that account. Is there any way to retrieve these contacts?

I recently upgrades from 4.3.3 to 5.01 iphone 4. My phone is jailbroke so I backed up SHH on tinyumbrella, downloaded all software to carry out upgrade while preserving the base band. I completed a backup on itunes before starting. No problems with the upgrade. Installed cydia and run jailbreak program again, again all went well. I re-sync on Itunes and all my apps back on no problem. Only problem is now all my contacts, messages and note book has been wiped out. If I go to edit/preferences/device I see earlier backup. I do not have the option to restore from backup so I cannot use the earlier backup to restore contact.
Is there a solution to this problem. Under summary window/version I do not have the option to check for update or restore. These buttons are not clickable.

Hey, don’t worry. It is possible to recover your deleted text message, doesn’t waste time on common hard drive data recovery, since it won’t works for iPhone as iPhone use NAND flash drive, not SSD, therefore, it won’t recognize iOS devices.

I collected two methods to recover lost contacts from iOS devices:

Method 1: Restore from your iCloud backup
Restore from your iCloud backup, if you used iCloud to backup your phone, see iCloud: Backup and restore overview, or estore from a backup you made with iTunes on your mac or PC.

Method 2: recover with iPhone data recovery software
Even the data was deleted from iPhone, but it is still stored in the NAND flash drive, with iPhone data recovery, uses can easily restore deleted data from iPhone, read this article: how to only one click without backup.

Suggestion: It is highly recommended to have a regular backup for your iPhone in order to minimize you’re lost of iPhone.

This use guide is very hellful for those want to recover iphone lost data.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.