What's new

SMS sending error Verizon iPhone 4 HELP!

Collin

Reaction score
When I try to send a text it loads the sending bar to about 90% then stops and will not send anymore. Please help! I have 4.2.8 jailbreak. Please help!

Either the phone number you are try to send a text message to is wrong, either you have an issue with your contrat, either your carrier network is having an issue.
If you are sure that the phone number you are trying to send the message to is correct, then get in touch with your carrier and tell them about your issue.

bab2010 said:
Either the phone number you are try to send a text message to is wrong, either you have an issue with your contrat, either your carrier network is having an issue.
If you are sure that the phone number you are trying to send the message to is correct, then get in touch with your carrier and tell them about your issue.

I have and they can't figure it out either is it because I dont have newest iOS?

I have and they can't figure it out either is it because I dont have newest iOS?

It couldn't be because of that reason. Try going to setting> general> reset> reset all settings.
After that try to send out an SMS

bab2010 said:
It couldn't be because of that reason. Try going to setting> general> reset> reset all settings.

Well SMS works now but now it won't leave safe mode even if I restate I just wanna lose jailbreak for now and get out of safe mode help

bab2010 said:

Well SMS works now but now it won't leave safe mode even if I restate I just wanna lose jailbreak for now and get out of safe mode help

Try to recall what was the latest app or tweak you've installed on the device from Cydia. Being in safe mode, you can still access Cydia and uninstall any recent app or tweak you have installed. After that respring your phone and if still booting up in SafeMode then hard reset (push down power and home buttons until the screen goes black and come back on with the white Apple logo).

Last edited:
bab2010 said:
Try to recall what was the latest app or tweak you've installed on the device from Cydia. Being in safe mode, you can still access Cydia and uninstall any recent app or tweak you have installed. After that respring your phone and if still booting up in SafeMode then hard reset (push down power and home buttons until the screen goes black and come back on with the white Apple logo).

Didn't work

I have a white iphone 4s 16 gig (verizon and non jailbroken) and was having same issue of not being able to send MMS, tried all solutions (data on, reset, *228, blah blah) with no sucess... I then went through recently dowloaded apps, and deleted Onavo Extend (data compressing app-similar to opera mini) after uninstalling, my iphone started sending MMS...also got a s**tload of pictures from multiple contacts from like the two weeks it wasn't working all at once. I"m not sure what the correlation is, but maybe data compressing or data altering apps have some effect on MMS. All i know is it solved the issue for me, and havnt had a problem since, just trying to help out others that have this extremely frustrating problem! Anyone please reply if this works for you as i'm still curious if this was just my device or if it will work for everyone. Goodluck!!