What's new

Error: "Invalid number" when sending text to landline

myrrh

Reaction score
I am trying to send a text to a landline using my 4S. When I enter the ten-digit number, enter my message, and send, I get a return message that reads:

"19735551234 Error Invalid number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code."

What am I doing wrong? I read where I could dial a landline and the text message would be delivered as text-to-speech.

Unfortunately sending a standard text message to a landline phone will always kick back an error. I'm not certain how it can be accomplished... but it pretty sure it would require some additional hardware on the landline end.

I am trying to send a text to a landline using my 4S. When I enter the ten-digit number, enter my message, and send, I get a return message that reads:

"19735551234 Error Invalid number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code."

What am I doing wrong? I read where I could dial a landline and the text message would be delivered as text-to-speech.

That is a service for individuals that are blind. Sadly college kids started abusing it 6 years ago and the restrictions have gotten tighter when it started affecting the people that really need it.

If you are entering the "1" you are entering a total of 11 digits...

I get a text to my land line from my cousin's cell, and she uses Sprint. She's done it several times (by mistake I think) and it works fine. However, I did it by mistake to someone the other day and got a message that there would be a $.25 charge to sent the text to a land line. I have Verizon

Thank you all for your comments.

If you are entering the "1" you are entering a total of 11 digits...

That is true, but I am entering ten digits as my post says.

In composing my post, I forgot to do what I had intended, which is ask the question explicitly:

Is there a way to make the phone transmit without it automatically placing a "1" before the ten-digit number I enter (if it is, in fact, doing so)?

So they monetized it??? How sad.

Yeah, this is the message I got:

"xxx-xxx-xxxx is a landline #. Reply Y to send all TXT messages to this # as voice messages for 0.25/msg.+ std msg fee. Details @ vtext.com, TexttoLandline"

Thank you all for your comments.

That is true, but I am entering ten digits as my post says.

In composing my post, I forgot to do what I had intended, which is ask the question explicitly:

Is there a way to make the phone transmit without it automatically placing a "1" before the ten-digit number I enter (if it is, in fact, doing so)?

I tested my phone and it didn't put the "1" in front. It may be a carrier issue with your phone.