What's new

i can't send text

austinspadafore

Reaction score
I have a 3GS that i just put a sims card in that is on the Cingular network and the phone works fine and i receive text just cannot send them i have put in the message service code +13123149810 and it acts like they go thru (i don't get a message not sent response) but they are not received....what am i doing wrong how do i get the text to send....i have deleted contacts and only put the 10 digits in still nothing....i have went to settings/phone/number and made sure the number is right and only 10 digits....i don't know what else to do please help...

are there different service numbers for Cingular or is that the only one....

I need to be able to send text on this phone

Make sure that Cingular is either the locked carrier of the device, or that the device is unlocked so that you can use Cingular. Next make sure you have a running texting plan. And make sure that your carrier is aware of the change of device if the 3GS was not what you've previously used. Otherwise, their services may not work properly.

yes cingular (at&t) is the locked carrier of the phone and i told the company that i have service thru about the phone change and they wont help cause they didnt sell me the phone...so i dont know what to do but i wont stop looking....