What's new

Please HELP! Trying to text to America from the UK

Frosty75

Reaction score
Please help I am trying to text to America but I keep getting the error message - the number you have sent to is incorrect. If you are sending to an international destination you need to precede the number with a +
But I can call the number and receive texts but not send them.

It's urgent please help!!!!!!

Frosty

Please help I am trying to text to America but I keep getting the error message - the number you have sent to is incorrect. If you are sending to an international destination you need to precede the number with a +
But I can call the number and receive texts but not send them.

It's urgent please help!!!!!!

Frosty
are you trying to text to another iPhone? i ask because if you are you can use iMessage.

so i take it you have tried preceding the number with +?

I have done both and tried adding 00 but the same message comes up.....getting desperate!!

I have done both I have even added 00 and the same error message comes up, why can I ring it but not text, they can text. Getting desperate!!!! Only have fb and that's taking ages

try 001 but drop the first number of your friends number.

That's doesn't work either not having much luck

I just tried this still got an error message but the text got sent not sure who to though lol

is it only texts to the USA you are having problems with? do texts to everywhere else send and get delivered?

this may not help but its worth a try,do a hard reset,hold down your on/off and home button down until the apple appears,the phone will reboot,this can fix many glitches.