What's new

Smashed screen!

HPD

Reaction score
Hi Ive just dropped my iphone 4 from a pathetically small height and managed to completely shatter the front screen. Without insurance I find myself with a pretty hefty bill on my hands. I could definately use some advice!

Wheres the cheapest place to replace it without voiding the warranty? (or is this only possible if Apple do it?)

How difficult is it to replace myself? and wheres cheapest for the part(s)?

Could it be worth taking the opportunity to replace it with a white screen and also replace the back so at least im achieving something for my efforts?

Thanks for any help!

You could take it to the Apple Store, and give them your broken iPhone + $200 for a replacement iPhone. You could replace the screen yourself, if you're confident in doing the procedure, there is a lot of YouTube videos for DIY. Cheapest place to buy parts would probably be ebay.

Last edited:
Insurance will cost you $15 a month no matter what and that doesn't cover the $150 deductible if you break it.

Check out our company: iCracked Inc.

We have over 20 locations nationwide- where one of our trained iTechs can come to you and fix your iPhone in under an hour, and we also provide premiere DIY kits with complete repair manuals and videos.

I hope one of our options will be useful for your situation. We have a 1 year warranty on all our parts and we would be more than happy to get your iPhone looking new for an affordable price!

HPD said:
Hi Ive just dropped my iphone 4 from a pathetically small height and managed to completely shatter the front screen. Without insurance I find myself with a pretty hefty bill on my hands. I could definately use some advice!

Wheres the cheapest place to replace it without voiding the warranty? (or is this only possible if Apple do it?)

How difficult is it to replace myself? and wheres cheapest for the part(s)?

Could it be worth taking the opportunity to replace it with a white screen and also replace the back so at least im achieving something for my efforts?

Thanks for any help!

If you bought it from the apple store they may just give you a brand new one for free. A couple of my friends had this happen and that's what apple did for them. Worth a try!

Thanks for the replies and info. After searching around on the net I took the plunge and bought a new LCD + digitiser and replaced it myself. A little bit scary having your iPhone in a million bits, but it's all sorted and works (and looks) like it did when new.

Thanks again.

Hey if you can't get insurance I think it's better if you check out for websites who does repairs. Ill give you a link later!

Hey if you can't get insurance I think it's better if you check out for websites who does repairs. Ill give you a link later!

I checked out your signature and i got the help I needed, thanks! My friends told me about the same website you have on your signature and they are legit!