What's new

Black shattered screen.. any hope in getting my pictures

Sherryberry

Reaction score
so.. my iPhone 6s Plus was stepped on and shattered. The phone powers on, takes screen shots, but does not respond to touch. Siri also won't speak to me any more.. I had the phone replaced by the insurance and spent 3 hours on the phone with apple care trying various things to try to get my shattered phone to connect to my computer. I was one of those idiots that didn't have my phone connected to iCloud.

Any tips or tricks that may enable me to get my pics off my smashed iPhone? Thanks!

If the screen won't respond to touch, there's no way to unlock it and get it to connect to iTunes on your computer. Depending on how important the photos on your iPhone are, the only thing that could possibly be done is to replace the screen and hope that allows you to unlock the iPhone and connect to iTunes and back up the iPhone.

Older iPhones, such as my iPhone 4 will connect while locked, but not the newer iPhones on the later iOS versions.

Last edited:
The computer will recognize your iPhone as camera when you connect it. It's not necessary to use iTunes to import them. Maybe it will work this way:
Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable. On your PC, open the Photos app. Right click within the app, and select "Import", then select your iPhone. Select the images you wish to import, and click "Import" to start the process.

If you can't find your iPhone, use File Explorer - This PC. See if it's listed there. From there, copy the files/photos to a new folder.

Last edited: