What's new

Home Button FAILURE

bwilson7990

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum so bear with me or guide me to a thread if this has been previously discussed. I have an iPhone 4, and on Thanksgiving I dropped its perfectness on my concrete garage floor thus shattering the front screen. Since I'm not made of money, I decided to order the parts and the tools and do it myself. I successfully replace the front screen with the help of a few youtube videos but not without tearing the Home Button Flex Cable. I ordered a new one and replaced it, still not working. I then ordered a new Dock Connector assembly as it houses the connector for the Flex Cable. Still not working. Any ideas, thoughts, or help to how I can get this home button working again?

I'm new to the forum so bear with me or guide me to a thread if this has been previously discussed. I have an iPhone 4, and on Thanksgiving I dropped its perfectness on my concrete garage floor thus shattering the front screen. Since I'm not made of money, I decided to order the parts and the tools and do it myself. I successfully replace the front screen with the help of a few youtube videos but not without tearing the Home Button Flex Cable. I ordered a new one and replaced it, still not working. I then ordered a new Dock Connector assembly as it houses the connector for the Flex Cable. Still not working. Any ideas, thoughts, or help to how I can get this home button working again?

With all these parts and tools ordered I bet it would have been cheaper to buy a new phone. I know nothing of the combustible engine inside the iPhone sorry

Welcome to the iPF forum though and I hope someone out there can answer this one for you b

iHolophyte

I holo - thanks dog lol hopefully i can.

eddieg - they're OEM from http://www.unitediphonerepair.com it seems pretty legit and everything ive bought looks and has worked identical to factory. Yet, my home button is still not working.

I just restored it too. Forgot to mention the microphone isnt working either.

I just restored it too. Forgot to mention the microphone isnt working either.

Not much going for this phone is there (laughs out loud). Would it be easier to tell us what is working rather than what is not working. 😜

iHolophyte

Not much going for this phone is there (laughs out loud). Would it be easier to tell us what is working rather than what is not working. 

iHolophyte

True!! bwilson, you may be out of luck -- the time spent in ordering parts, replacing them, ordering more, finding more faults -- it's a bad situation. And I have no idea how to resolve your Home button situation -- it's a very precise and technical process that may require Apple to repair. The very best of luck to you. Let us know what you finally come up with!

Something on the main boar could have cracked or had a solder joint broken. I would cut your loses. Sell it as is.