What's new

Slow to the party

boyscout

Reaction score
As father of two daughters now in their twenties, I was not well-disposed towards Apple, who made their iPods both essential to them and far too fragile to live with them. Buying seven iPods in about eight years made me a very un-trusting, pissed-off, and wealth-challenged customer for Apple.

However when iPod Touch's survived with them for a while, I bought it as the first-ever Apple device for myself and so far, touch wood, it's still working.

A few months ago, a long-time Apple-afflicted friend talked me into the iPad, and it has become an important supplement to my daily tools. Still working, touch wood.

We've had Blackberrys since the first device they sold, and have relied very heavily on them... they never let us down. However the latest Blackberry Torch's features are just not up with the times. So at the end of September I replaced two of them with two iPhone 4s, a huge leap for me.

So far only accepting, not thrilled. The radio is CERTAINLY not as good for clear, reliable calls in the Toronto area, but the features are nice. Typing is still very frustrating on the touch-screen. Breath is held, jury is out, hoping that I will become a fan and a regular devotee here at iPhone4forum.net.

Last edited:
Slow to the party? Sounds like you've been on the cutting edge for a while now.

As for the iPods, I know exactly what that's like. I have had 4 since 03.