What's new

Skeptical Newbie

68bucks

Reaction score
I will be switching from a Blackberry to an iPhone in the next week or two. The device is a work supplied phone. I had a choice of a Blackberry Torch, a Samsung Focus, or an iPhone 4. I opted for the iPhone although I have never owned an Apple device of any kind and can't say that I'm much of a fan of Apple. I hated the Blackberry though there are things I did like such as the ability to make themes and the ability to have different profiles. There were a couple things that the Samsung couldn't do that lead me to the iPhone. I have to say though that my skepticism is based on the call quality and the need to interface with iTunes for just about everything. My wife has an older iPod and that is where I have crossed paths with iTunes and we haven't played well together to this point so we'll see.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I can make this thing do though. I'm trying to decide if I could jailbreak the phone without out IT the folks flipping out. I'm thinking what they don't know won't hurt them.

hello and welcome to the forum!

i think it will take some getting used to depending on what phone you came from that you liked before the blackberry and a phone you always buy..

themes? you can have wallpapers and lock screen pics but nothing animated or no changing icons officially any way, i really love the iphone but a lot of features you have to jailbreak to get it and you shouldent have to.

but its easy to use and has so many good apps to download maybe you could open itunes and have a browse in the store or make an account and learn your way around it.

did they say they dont want you to jailbreak? it does enable you to do so much more like bluetooth send/receive and un restricting the 3g access to facetime (video calls) or download files over 20mb.

i think it will take some getting used to depending on what phone you came from that you liked before the blackberry and a phone you always buy..

themes? you can have wallpapers and lock screen pics but nothing animated or no changing icons officially any way, i really love the iphone but a lot of features you have to jailbreak to get it and you shouldent have to.

but its easy to use and has so many good apps to download maybe you could open itunes and have a browse in the store or make an account and learn your way around it.

did they say they dont want you to jailbreak? it does enable you to do so much more like bluetooth send/receive and un restricting the 3g access to facetime (video calls) or download files over 20mb.
Thanks for the welcome. IT never said that I couldn't jailbreak the phone but then I never asked. I'm thinking that they never considered someone like me that is curious enough to try something like that. My Blackberry isn't exactly they way I received it either. The Blackberry I have now is the Bold 2. I really don't like the thing so the thought of losing it is very welcome. The call quality stinks and the reception is poor too so I'm not expecting a big drop off in that area though it is one of my main concerns. I figure most of the rest will be better. I know the browser is way better. I use most of the features in Outlook and Blackberry interfaces well with that including tasks and notes. I'm hoping that functionality is still good.

Thanks for the welcome. IT never said that I couldn't jailbreak the phone but then I never asked. I'm thinking that they never considered someone like me that is curious enough to try something like that. My Blackberry isn't exactly they way I received it either. The Blackberry I have now is the Bold 2. I really don't like the thing so the thought of losing it is very welcome. The call quality stinks and the reception is poor too so I'm not expecting a big drop off in that area though it is one of my main concerns. I figure most of the rest will be better. I know the browser is way better. I use most of the features in Outlook and Blackberry interfaces well with that including tasks and notes. I'm hoping that functionality is still good.

thats ok then you can jailbreak it and make sure you backup and if you dont like it or have problems then you can restore and no harm done :)