What's new

Skype question

topgun80

Reaction score
When trying to talk to my daughter on Skype, my iphone to her computer, she can hear AND see me but I can only hear her. Do I have something setup wrong. Computer to computer, it works fine both ways. Thanks for any help.

i suppose that you are on wifi, if yes then i can only think of skype been too busy, try it again and again and it will eventualy work out. Mine drop the videos when the connection is not strong and i will have to video call again, and again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might also want to ask your daughter to double check her settings in her Skype account.

Reinstall Skype and might fix your problem.

Strange. Daughters should know skype better than fathers. I bet she just don't want you to see her and her place. She could be undressed, have couple of boys with her, place could be in ruin after a rough night, etc.

Trust me, women these days knows skype and messaging better than anyone else, they use it the most. I highly doubt it's because her skype is messed up.

All you have to do is ask her to turn on her cam. If she says no or gives any excuse, tell her you'll give her a call back in an hour.

Last edited:
I've got a quick question on Skype on my iPhone.

When using skype and connecting video, when looking on my phone screen my video takes up the whole screen and the recipients video only shows in a small box area in the bottom left hand corner of my screen. How do I make it so that the person I'm video chartings picture uses the whole screen on my phone and my video goes to the bottom corner?

Sorry if that's hard to understand.

I've got a quick question on Skype on my iPhone.

When using skype and connecting video, when looking on my phone screen my video takes up the whole screen and the recipients video only shows in a small box area in the bottom left hand corner of my screen. How do I make it so that the person I'm video chartings picture uses the whole screen on my phone and my video goes to the bottom corner?

Sorry if that's hard to understand.
In a video conversation on skype when you are using the front camera your image video goes small in the lower left conner and your interlocutor video take the full screen. When you are using the rear camera, your image video take the full screen and your interlocutor image video goes lower left conner. You can toggle front and back camera while the video conversation is going on by taping video display icon on top left on the screen.

Strange. Daughters should know skype better than fathers. I bet she just don't want you to see her and her place. She could be undressed, have couple of boys with her, place could be in ruin after a rough night, etc.

Trust me, women these days knows skype and messaging better than anyone else, they use it the most. I highly doubt it's because her skype is messed up.

All you have to do is ask her to turn on her cam. If she says no or gives any excuse, tell her you'll give her a call back in an hour.

Good Thinking man LOL