What's new

Does Skype on jailbroken 5.0.1 work?

Jmills87

Reaction score
Can someone with Skype and a jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 device see if Skype will run? I have someone from my blog asking me, I'd test it myself but my dad left for Florida this morning with his i4 and all I have is a 4S so I can't test it.

TIA!

Can someone with Skype and a jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 device see if Skype will run? I have someone from my blog asking me, I'd test it myself but my dad left for Florida this morning with his i4 and all I have is a 4S so I can't test it.

TIA!

I'm not jail broken other wise I'd have helped.

iHolophyte

I just tried it with an iOS 5.0.1 iPad1 jail broken with redsn0w 0.9.10b3. I called my mom's UNjailbroken iOS 5.0.1 running iPad2. Worked fine when the iPad1 called the iPad2 and vice versa.

Got a weird notice on the iPad1 at the start that said something like this can't run on a modified device. But, I can't get the notice to appear (even after shutting Skype fully down from the multitasker AND respringing) and, as I said, it works fine.

So, there you go. Hope it helps.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn! One other thing, which version of redsn0w did you use(or did you use pwnage?) I have 2 different people reporting the same problem and they both used b3.

Got to make two corrections: First, I actually used redsn0w 0.9.10b2 (not b3) to jailbreak. No pwning, just a straight jail break from stock iOS 5.0.1. Then, when I said "I can't get the notice to appear" - I meant that I can't get it to REappear. So, I'm actually not sure what the pop-up said, cause I didn't really read it :)o). Skype still works fine today, tho.

My bad.

Hope that helps narrow it down. I was going to re-run the b3 redsn0w version, until I read that updating to the new Mobile Substrate (on Cydia) would do the same thing. So, that's what I did, instead...

Oh, one more thing. When I sign in on the iPad1, I'm not automatically online (though it does log in my account), I have to manually choose to go online. The iPad2 automatically logs in and goes online at launch.

Anyway, now that I've thoroughly confused the issue - any of that help? :D

Marilyn

TIA!

Yes it works! Iphone 4 CMDA 5.0.1 Jailbroken and no issues here :)