What's new

Skype is not working with Jailbroken 4S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elite001

Reaction score
Hi,
For some reason I cannot run skype in my jailbroken 4S, does anyone having the same problem perhaps?

Thanks

Can you explain the problem a bit more? Does it run and crash? error message? Have you tried a hard reset? Deleting it and reinstalling?

The only issue I had with skype was a message it showed about it's not supported on modified versions of iOS, then worked without any problems.

Can you explain the problem a bit more? Does it run and crash? error message? Have you tried a hard reset? Deleting it and reinstalling?

The only issue I had with skype was a message it showed about it's not supported on modified versions of iOS, then worked without any problems.

Thank you Laughing_Man for the fast respond,

The skype is simply wont run when I clicked it (I can see a blink of skype window is opening and then it's just shuts dissappeared from my screen a.k.a go back to my home screen)

But, if I clicked the home button twice, The skype icon is there like and seems running, but if I clicked on it, nothing happen

Here's what I have done so far;
1. I have tried to delete the skype and re-install it again.
2. Tried hard reset and still not working...

That's what basically happens, no error message whatsoever...

Btw, Laughing_Man are you also having jailbroken 4S and can have the skype working with No problem at all whatsoever?

Last edited:
Go to Cydia, Search for 'MobileSubstrate' and install it. If you already have it then update it if there's a update available.

Thank you Laughing_Man for the fast respond,

The skype is simply wont run when I clicked it (I can see a blink of skype window is opening and then it's just shuts dissappeared from my screen a.k.a go back to my home screen)

But, if I clicked the home button twice, The skype icon is there like and seems running, but if I clicked on it, nothing happen

Here's what I have done so far;
1. I have tried to delete the skype and re-install it again.
2. Tried hard reset and still not working...

That's what basically happens, no error message whatsoever...

Btw, Laughing_Man are you also having jailbroken 4S and can have the skype working with No problem at all whatsoever?

I've had absolutely no issues at all. Since I jailbroke it on saturday, I've made and received a few calls (some with video) without problems.

How did you jailbreak your 4s?

I used the Command Line method on windows.

Yes, did the jailbreak thru absinthe windows version (not the command line version tho), and just did the restore and re-jailbroke it again followed by re-installing Skype, and same thing still happening...*sighs* Skype window just opened in a blink of an eye and immediately disappeared from the screen.... And if I double clicked on the home button the Skype apps is there and running... What's going on here???

The funny thing is, all other apps but skype are working perfectly fine....

Anyone know what could be the problem here?? Please help...

Laughing_Man: are u also installed the appsync for iOS 5.0+ version from cydia.hackulo as soon as you jailbroke it rite?

Last edited:
Yes, did the jailbreak thru absinthe windows version (not the command line version tho), and just did the restore and re-jailbroke it again followed by re-installing Skype, and same thing still happening...*sighs* Skype window just opened in a blink of an eye and immediately disappeared from the screen.... And if I double clicked on the home button the Skype apps is there and running... What's going on here???

The funny thing is, all other apps but skype are working perfectly fine....

Laughing_Man: are u also installed the appsync for iOS 5.0+ version from cydia.hackulo as soon as you jailbroke it rite?

Yes, i got it installed.

When you restored your iphone, did you try to open skype before you jailbroke it? Did it work? You are installing skype from the app store, right? Have you tried installing mobilesubstrate as mentioned above?

...are u also installed the appsync for iOS 5.0+ version from cydia.hackulo as soon as you jailbroke it rite?

I know what the problem is; you're a pirate! Not having things work properly is the norm when you install piracy apps, tweaks and repos so you can steal stuff.

Don't be a pirate. Not only is it against our rules here - its illegal! Quit trying to rob the developers and being a thief...

This forum does not condone piracy or support & help those that do. You'll receive no further help here.

Thread closed.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPhoneForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.