What's new

Skype app rings only when opened

RodC8

Reaction score
Hi All,
Incoming Skype calls ring only when the app is active/opened. Is the normal? Not very useful if it is!! Both notification settings are set to ON.
Does anyone have similar issue? Any solution? I have a 4S on IOS 5.1 Skype v3.7.40
Baffled!
:confused:

Never used Skype so wouldn't know. But granted it'd be pretty useless if you have to leave it open at all times.

iHolophyte

Hi All,
Incoming Skype calls ring only when the app is active/opened. Is the normal? Not very useful if it is!! Both notification settings are set to ON.
Does anyone have similar issue? Any solution? I have a 4S on IOS 5.1 Skype v3.7.40
Baffled!
:confused:

Yeap, for me i will SMS to the person i want to chat and open the Skype afterward. :p

When Skype is freeze in the background you should be able to receive incoming call. Also having Skype open but in the background doesn't really eat up that much of battery life. Give it a try for a day or 2 and see how it goes with your iPhone.

Doesn't happen to me. Skype can be completely quitted and a call can still come in. Are you jailbroken with Backgrounder installed?

Doesn't happen to me. Skype can be completely quitted and a call can still come in. Are you jailbroken with Backgrounder installed?

No, phone is completely standard, I have found a solution by deleting the app and reinstalling. Now it is behaving as expected.