What's new

SIRI Where does it get it's data from?

millersnmeva

Reaction score
Does anyone know where SIRI get's its information from? The reason I am asking is for example. I am standing in front of a childrens hospital that I work at which happens to be the only childrens hospital in the area. I ask SIRI 3 different ways, 1. SIRI give me the address to "Hospital Name" 2. SIRI find "Hospital Name" and 3. SIRI Locate Childrens Hospital. Every Reply is the same...I have found 8 Hospitals in near your location. And guess what it shows the 3 Hospitals right next to the Hospital I want but never shows the Childrens Hospital. Where does it pull this information from I know for a fact that when you do a googlemaps search it finds the Hospital as the #1 choice. My other question is can we update the information where SIRI pulls the information from?

Siri's "brains" are currently being developed by Apple. I believe it is based in the new server farm located in Maiden, N.C. At present Siri is in BETA and is still being "fed" data. Siri is a form of AI that has to be "taught" thru usage. Hence why Apple released a beta product to the masses. The more people use it, the more they can tweak the information that it presents.

So If you ask it ... find and optomoligist your saying that it gets it's data from what people fed it? I am sure they are not using googlemaps or anything like that but they must be using something for location finder like YELP or somthing.

Siri at present is getting its data fed to it by someone in Apple or contracted by Apple. As people ask Siri questions, the system looks for commonality and passes that information back to the system administrators. They can then tweak the responses returned.

I suspect, they will be loading new data into Siri on at least a weekly basis if not daily.

It gets some information from Wolfram Alpha, stuff like 'How many calories are there in a grain of rice'.

Siri will simply make you lazy. After a while I will have to figure out how to work the calendar and reminders apps manually. Siri normally takes care of those for me, she's starting to do the same for texting.

Siri's "brains" are currently being developed by Apple. I believe it is based in the new server farm located in Maiden, N.C. At present Siri is in BETA and is still being "fed" data. Siri is a form of AI that has to be "taught" thru usage. Hence why Apple released a beta product to the masses. The more people use it, the more they can tweak the information that it presents.

+1 AWESOME, very helpful post!

Well Siri needs a little work when it comes to texting. She gets it right close to 70% of the time.

Well Siri needs a little work when it comes to texting. She gets it right close to 70% of the time.

That is an accent or speed of speech issue most probably. I speak with no accent and a very metered speech rate (military training for comms finally came in handy). I would guess both dictation and Siri are averaging around the 95% mark for me.

Sorry to reawaken this thread... About a month ago Siri had no problem finding our business. It was easy to show her off at parties by saying "Give Me Driving Directions to Metalcloak" but then... a few days ago... it stopped. She could no longer find our company. We are still on Google Maps, still out there everywhere, but Siri can't find us at all... in fact, she kept referring to my contact list because I had my company listed, but no address, just the phone number.

Q: Did SIRI change the way she looks for data? She can still find all the Starkbucks it the area, but not our company. What gives?

How do you change siri's voice from male to female?

Currently, if you speak English, you can use the UK version of Siri, which has a male voice.

I've heard that Siri isn't actually an artificial intelligence. It's a directory service of sorts. Most of the witty stuff is written by Siri's creators. I wish they would add more to it, because Siri's jokes are getting kind of old.