What's new

Alerts and Siri volume adjust

pianoman

Reaction score
For a very long time I've been frustrated when I want to turn up my text message alerts and other things like that including Siri volume. I discovered a long time ago that this is not controlled by the ringer and alerts volume setting that gets turned up and down with the side keys. And yet when you go into the Sounds settings in system preferences there is no separate button for text and email volumes there's only one volume setting in that window named "Ringers and Alerts". But I assure you that button does not control text sounds email sounds nor Siri volume

Now you can catch a very long alert sound and end see the "other" volume window and then the side keys will control the text sounds and Siri volume.

Before the invention of Siri it was nearly impossible to catch a one second text/email alert to turn its volume up or down. But now with Siri while she's talking you can adjust this "different than Ringer/Alerts" volume. You'll notice that it's a different volume setting because the word "ringer" is not in the square with the volume adjustment graphic. If there is a separate master volume slider in System prefs that I'm missing somehow can someone please tell me where that is?

Last edited: