What's new

Siri has multiple listings under the relationship of 'Father'

gorilla1969

Reaction score
I'm not sure where Siri pulling my relationships from, but when I tell Siri to call my father, text him, etc, she asked me who my father is and three listings pop up to choose from. It drives me nuts. Just recently, the third listing popped up and I have not changed my settings recently. I don't know if Siri is pulling information from other sources other than the 'native' contacts list on my iPhone and, if so, how can I tell Siri not to pull information from his other places. As for this being the cause, this is only a guess.

A typical example of what happens might include asking my phone to send a text to my father:

Siri will ask "Which father?" and then lists three contacts to choose from. Three options pull up - 1) my father categorized by first and last name, 2) my father categorized by last name and first name, and 3) then by last name, first name, and middle initial. If I go to my contacts page on the phone, there is only one listing for my father.

Has anybody had this problem? How do I get Siri to recognize only one entry as my father.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!