What's new

Siri silent when connected to car's USB

EssKayKay

Reaction score
When I plug my old iPhone 6S into my car’s USB port Siri stops working. I do not want to use Bluetooth. I simply plugged the phone in because the battery was getting low. I was using the Map GPS route all was fine until I plugged the phone – then nothing.

The USB port on my Suzuki Swift does odd things to my iPhone 8. For one example, it messes up the sound level. As I only use the USB port to charge the phone, I bought a simple dual USB socket that plugs into the 12V accessory socket. I was not keen on continuing to use the car USB socket without understanding what it was actually doing e.g. possibly damaging the iPhone

The USB port on my Suzuki Swift does odd things to my iPhone 8. For one example, it messes up the sound level. As I only use the USB port to charge the phone, I bought a simple dual USB socket that plugs into the 12V accessory socket. I was not keen on continuing to use the car USB socket without understanding what it was actually doing e.g. possibly damaging the iPhone
Interesting. I have one of those 12V adapters. I'll try that. Thanks.

I also have found occassionally I need to reset a sound setting-usuallu from the Maps program, if you touch the screen, a speaker symbol appears and sometimes it needs to be reckicked. If all else fails, try that.