What's new

Stereo Control Question

Oscar_D_Grouch

Reaction score
I plugged my 4s into the USB port on my kenwood car stereo that has iPod control and the audio works just fine. But on the phone it say accessory plugged in and I want to be able to control the audio from the phone and not the stereo, as I like to be able to see album art and such. Is there any way to do this?

Sadly you can't. I have a Alpine head unit that has iPod controls. If you want control of your music from your phone you need to use the 3.5mm jack. Just so you know you will loose audio quality this way.

Yeah...don't want that. Have had an iPad mounted in my car until I got my 4s the other day and had been pulling the audio out of the dock using a cable with dock connector on the iPad end with a 3.5 jack on the other end going to the aux jack of my kenwood. Could have swore I saw a YouTube video of someone fixing this problem a while back.

Are you able to connect it through Bluetooth?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

This stereo doesn't have Bluetooth...I wish it did. All it has is USB for iPod control and an aux in.

Does your album art show on the receiver? Is it laggy using the receiver to find and play songs?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

No, it's not an LCD at all...text only. No actual lag in the browsing, just a PITA using it to browse.