What's new

Siri dictation problems

Mnasrv

Reaction score
I have a new unlocked iPhone 4s which I am currently only using on wifi. My Siri dictation works well, but once every 5 times or so, I will talk and see the three dots then see nothing. This is very frustrating and apple support gave the usual excuse that Siri is in beta.

Is anyone else having the same problem or knows how to fix it?

Thanks

I think the only way to fix something that's in Beta is to let the developer (in this case, Apple) work through the problems until they issue an update and/or take it out of Beta and roll it out formally.

Beta is used to find problems and glitches. Expecting something that's in Beta to work perfectly is unrealistic and goes against the very idea of Beta.

But is this only happening to me. Or other people as well

The three dots in a bubble....I sometimes get that after sending an imessage. Would that be for the same reason or another reason?

Three dots in a bubble in iMessage indicates a person responding back to you. The three purple dots swirling show the Apple servers waiting to transcribe your dictation. Different "dots" :)

It's a dotty ole world eh (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

I laugh my head off at the responses I get from Siri but as been mentioned earlier it's still in Beta and as such we will have to wait for updates and bug fixes