What's new

SIM in new iPhone X

superfish

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 6s on AT&T. When I get my iPhone X can I just swap in the SIM from the 6s.? I'll probably buy the phone direct from Apple.

Bob

That was fast, Thank you. I'm guessing that AT&T doesn't care what phone I use as long as I'm paying for the SIM.

Bob

I thought our phone had a “micro” SIM card and it needed a new “nano”

You’ll can use the new iPhone with the SIM card, but you’ll need to call #611 to give them the new phones IMEI number for the network to recognize the device to ensure the best cell tower signal.. I know from experience swapping SIM cards

You’ll can use the new iPhone with the SIM card, but you’ll need to call #611 to give them the new phones IMEI number for the network to recognize the device to ensure the best cell tower signal.. I know from experience swapping SIM cards
You’d also have to cut down the SIM card from the 4S as it is too big to fit in the iPhone X.

Sadly I will have to stop in AT&T after my X arrives, that's the one I'm upgrading to from my 4S. I'm ordering instead of buying at ATT because I want it engraved[emoji41]
Oh Oh Oh, that's right! I'm getting mine engraved too!!!

I've been swapping sims for years. Haven't dialed #611 in a long long long time.

If they'll engrave the X mine will be, same saying as I'm getting on my new iPad Pro, hard to believe but now I'm even more excited to order and get it!!!!
Normally it's a few bucks extra from Apple. I got my iPad pro engraved so i wouldn't sell it the following year. It worked and I didn't. Still got it.

That is pretty cool if they do that kind of thing. Didn’t know that Apple did that. Or maybe I did and just some remember LOL! Seriously. A nice extra touch to an already sweet phone!! Enjoy it ladies aka gents as it is a large step for Apple to have taken. Let’s hope it was worth all the hype. I am sure it will be, it there will always be haters!!